Current location: Fairfax, VA
- Senior Designer, Valador, Inc. (July 2013 - Present)
- Served a varied interdisciplinary role as a graphics and multimedia designer, producer, and manager. Created and edited video, graphics, web, and social media content, and occasionally managed a small team of graphic designers.
- Conceptualized and assembled a 3D-4K video production rig as a tech demo; shot and edited 3D UHD footage around NASA Kennedy Space Center for NASA APPEL, including the Orbital Cygnus CRS-4 Atlas V launch vehicle on the pad at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- Edited videos for NASA Office of Human Capital Management workforce culture strategy: staff interviews, with a focus on STEM, diversity, and why NASA is a great place to work.
- Produced and edited videos for NASA Office of Education projects: National Education Implementation Plan and Digital Learning Network. Provided graphic support to these projects.
- Supported video and graphic needs for NASA Virtual Executive Summit 2014. Worked closely with Office of the Chief Scientist to animate graphic facilitation imagery.
- Aided front end web development of NASA APPEL web site to help migration to Wordpress and execute design of new APPEL course catalog.
- Aided front end web and CMS development of The Hub, a NASA OHCM innovation tool for sharing content across the agency.
- Provided graphic support to illustrate the Open NASA Open Government Plan.
- Wrote and edited long and short form web and social media copy for LAUNCH.org, an open innovation platform in collaboration with NASA, Department of State, USAID, and Nike.
- Provided internal graphic support for Valador project proposals, website layouts, logos, brochures, and business cards. Clients included NASA, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Agriculture and various corporate clients.
- Technical Producer, U.S. News and World Report (April 2007 - March 2013)
- Converted design mockups to valid HTML and CSS, and adapted markup to TAL templates in Zope 2 and Pylons frameworks.
- Executed page redesigns for News, Money, and Health sections; coded templates for Best Colleges, Best Graduate Schools, Best High Schools, Best Hospitals, Best Diets, and other rankings projects.
- Collaborated with web production and advertising operations staff to create custom banners, content widgets, and specialized ad and marketing pages.
- Added social media tools to site; executed logic for Facebook-based commenting system; took initiative in expanding U.S.News presence in social media: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Trained new hires in use of proprietary CMS and web frameworks.
- Freelance Web Developer, Jopogo.com (January 2006 - Present)
- Built and hosted informational websites for various clients using WordPress as a content management system.
- Designed, wrote, and launched a small network of static content-driven websites monetized by contextual advertising, affiliate marketing, and merchandise sales.
- Converted Photoshop mockup to WordPress templates for WeLoveDC.com.
- Web Developer, Smokescreen Corp (April 2002 - January 2007)
- Designed and developed websites for smokefree activists, plus assorted e-commerce and travel solutions: created Photoshop mockups, converted to XHTML and CSS, integrated markup with a custom PHP-based site templating framework.
- Brought existing sites into conformance with W3C web standards and semantic XHTML markup.
- Designed print materials for smokefree activists: banners, shirts, flyers, stickers, business cards.
- DVD Archivist, New Media Archives and Productions, Inc. (October 2000 - January 2002)
- Authored interactive video archives on DVD, including GUI design for video menus in Photoshop, storyboard authoring in ReelDVD, and proofing of rendered video files.
- Created HTML and Acrobat-based CD-ROM print archives.
- Formulated systematic workflows for the production of print and video archives.
- Investigated additional archiving solutions (technology and personnel) for the industry.
- Designed Newmedia.com.ph website, with interactive Flash GUI.
- Web Executive, IMDG / MyPhilippines.com (May 2000 - September 2000)
- Managed web design team of Impact Digital Media Group and its subsidiary Philippine portal, MyPhilippines.com.
- Designed pages for the second iteration of the MyPhilippines.com portal.
- Collaborated with content executives and staff to conceptualize various web projects for IDMG and MyPhilippines.com.
- Executed page designs and oversaw designers executing page designs for these web projects, in collaboration with web development team.
- Oversaw and executed graphic design for other incidental documents and projects.
- Screened, interviewed, and tested web design applicants to the IDMG design team.
- Video editor (in-house), OmniPost (June 1998 - April 2000)
- Edited offline and online TV commercials, documentaries, audio-visual presentations, demo reels, and multimedia videos on the Macintosh-based Media 100 nonlinear editing system.
- Composed and rendered 2D effects, titles, countdowns, and animations for various projects using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe AfterEffects, with BorisFX and Blue Ice plugins.
- Provided support graphics and composite elements (e.g. image processing, textures, interface buttons) for various projects using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Performed rotoscoping, masking, chroma keying, and subtitling to assist other editors' projects.
- Performed basic sound editing in Media 100, including audio lay-in, audio-video sync, music-mixing, and sound-effects mixing.
- Studied basic editing procedures and methods on the Quantel Editbox and HAL Express non-linear editing and compositing systems.
- Distinctions Received: Araw Awards, 16th Philippine Advertising Congress (1999):
"Dirty Finger," for Bench Alcogel: Gold Award Winner, Low Budget TV Production
Silver Award Winner, Personal Care Category
- Graduate Studies (2002-2003)
Maryland Institute College of Art: graduated Master of Arts in Digital Art
- Distinctions Received: MICA Digital Art Award
- Undergraduate Studies (1994 - 1998)
Ateneo de Manila University: graduated Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Graphic Design and Photography Editor for The GUIDON, student newspaper of note for the university.
- New Media elective (1997-1998): 3 units, covering theories and practices of multimedia and information design. Conducted by John Flores of NuBook Interactive.
- Thorough, systematic, and well-organized worker, with an eye for quality and detail.
- Typing speed of over 100 WPM.
- Fast learner, highly adaptable to a variety of situations.
- Licensed open-water SCUBA diver, well-traveled.