Multimedia Specialist with Bachelor's degree in Communication and Master's degree in Digital Art; background in graphic design, video editing, web development, and journalism. Good with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, HTML5, CSS, Wordpress, web standards, video post-production, UX and UI design, and project/product management.
- Visual Information Specialist, United States Library of Congress (2016-2018)
- Designed charts, maps, infographics, and other data visualization products for use in research presented to United States Congress and Senate. Also designed flyers, banners, signs, and other internal collateral for Communications and Directors' offices.
- Represented CRS design team in design review sessions to gather graphics requirements for future research products.
- Assisted in formulation of new visual brand guidelines for CRS, creating new standardized dataviz color palettes, Powerpoint presentation templates, and video ID title card templates.
- Senior Designer, Valador Inc. (2013-2016)
- Led a small team of graphic designers in creating web, print, and video graphics for various types of government and private clients, as well as for contract proposals and internal communications.
- Edited and produced videos focusing on workforce diversity and STEM recruitment for NASA, including clip selection, video preparation for web and TV, and creating and synchronizing closed caption files.
- Wordpress site design and development for NASA APPEL, Academy of Program/Project & Engineering Leadership.
- Drupal site management on NASA.gov, creating custom content and graphics for Asteroid Redirect Mission.
- Assisted in ISO 9001, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, and CMMI Level 3 certification processes.
- Technical Producer, U.S. News and World Report (2007-2013)
- Collaborated with web production and advertising operations staff to create custom banners, content widgets, and specialized ad and marketing pages.
- Added social media tools to site; executed logic for Facebook-based commenting system; took initiative in expanding U.S. News social media presence.
- Web Developer, Smokescreen Corp. (2002-2007)
- Designed banners, shirts, flyers, stickers, business cards, letterheads, and other marketing collateral.
- DVD Archivist, New Media Archives and Productions Inc. (2000-2002)
- Authored interactive video archives on DVD, including GUI design for video menus in Photoshop, storyboard authoring in ReelDVD, and proofing of rendered video files.
- Created HTML and PDF CD-ROM print archives.
- Web Executive, MyPhilippines.com (2000)
- Managed web design team of Impact Digital Media Group and MyPhilippines.com.
- UX and UI design of MyPhilippines.com web portal pages, including wireframes and HTML mockups.
- Video editor (in-house), OmniPost (June 1998 - April 2000)
- Edited offline and online TV commercials, documentaries, audio-visual presentations, demo reels, and multimedia videos using Media 100 editing system.
- Composed and rendered 2D VFX, titles, countdowns, and animations for various projects using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Distinctions Received: Araw Awards, 16th Philippine Advertising Congress (1999):
"Dirty Finger," for Bench Alcogel: Gold Award Winner, Low Budget TV Production
Silver Award Winner, Personal Care Category
- Maryland Institute College of Art (2002-2003)
Master of Arts in Digital Art
Distinctions Received: MICA Digital Art Award
- Ateneo de Manila University: (1994-1998)
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Extra-curriculars: Graphic Design and Photography Editor for student newspaper The GUIDON